Tuesday, May 24, 2011

MTC: Week #2

With Grandpa Smith the Day I left!
Dear Family and Friends,

So about my week. So last Tuesday after I wrote you, we went to the devotional where Richard G. Hinckley spoke. It was so amazing! It inspired me to work my hardest with the language and with the gospel. Afterwards my zone got together and made some goals to help us to improve as a zone. Wednesday I began reading Jesus the Christ. I have never loved reading before, but I cannot put this book down. It is that good! So we have gradually gotten further and further with our "investigator", and I think it was our 5th lesson that we were about to commit him to baptism but were interrupted because we had to go get chest x-rays. When we were there, the guy who x-rayed us wanted all my roommates/companions to bear our testimonies. It was so powerful and the spirit definately was there.
Later that night I had an awesome experience. We were teaching each other. And one of the Elder's stumped me with a question. I was searching through my mind to find an answer for him, but I just couldn't. My teacher was watching and told me to pray for help. Immediately after, I had the perfect response to him. We continued talking when he stumped me again. Same situation happened. I searched through my mind until I remembered to pray again. I immediately received an answer. I know prayer is real and that Heavenly Father listens to our prayers in every situation. Lately I have been slacking off with the language and not improving and I've suffered through some lessons with it. One of my good missionary buddies that I met here was saying a prayer one night when he had the prompting to tell me this saying, "When you are working your butt off, that's when the Lord blesses you. Why would you want to pay an employee that doesn't deserve his wages?" This was another testimony to me that the Lord does answer our prayers, and he works through other individuals.Now that I've summarized my week, I need to tell you some things. I would really like my friends mission addresses. If you could get those, from facebook or something, I would love that! Um, if you send packages, DO NOT send junk food. I've gained 5 pounds while i've been here and I need to start losing it. I only ate junk food the first two days but haven't since. Also, I have only had caffeine twice and I am off of it the rest of the time. 
I got a haircut today, yeah, it got butchered!!! I have never had my hair so short. One more thing, this is totally off the mission topic, I need you to start watching the Bachelor. Elder Taylor Larsen's cousin is on it. His name is Bentley Williams. Elder Larsen was telling me all about it today. He told me his friend put in info about him and so that's how he got on the show. He soon realized he didn't want to be on it anymore and so he told the producer he was leaving. They then made it seem like he swore on the tv show and made it all dramatic, but that is the reason why. So watch it!! Well I love you all and want to hear more from ALL of you. Wo ai nimen! Elder Nick Smith