Monday, February 13, 2012

Hua Dx's Baptism

Hua Dx's Baptism Day (He's one of the 3 smiling!)
Hello Everyone!!!
To start out I would just like to say to my wonderful brother Spencer, "Happy Birthday"!  Miss you and I hope today goes super awesome for you.  Keep doing what you're doing because you are an example to many and are well liked by many.  Love you!  Well, this past week I past 9 months in the field.  Yeah, it has gone by too fast for me.  I have so much more I want to do, so many more people to help, and so many areas I can improve in in such a short amount of time.  Wow!
Well, this past week found me on exchanges with my Zone Leader, Elder Dong.  He is a native and has such a great love for the people.  He truly has a deep desire to understand them and their situations and help them see the blessings from this gospel.  Learned so much from him on how I can be a better, loving missionary in such a short amount of time. 
As for yesterday, we had the baptism of my most favorite aboriginal man in the world, Hua Zhong Zheng dx!  I am so glad I was able to get to know him and help him grow in his testimony.  After his baptism, he shared such a powerful testimony.  The plan was for him to be confirmed next week, but after he shared his testimony, the Branch President suddenly decided to have his confirmation right then.  My companion Elder Field and I were both privileged to confirm him a member of the church.  I absolutely love this man and he will definitely become a super strong member of the church.
I know today message to you isn't very long, but I just want to say that I know that this truly is the Lord's work here on the earth today.  I know that as we do what we're supposed to (remaining worthy, keep the commandments and mission rules, working our hardest) that the Lord will fill our mouths with what to say to help His children.  I know this because I personally have seen it as we have taught Hua dx.  I'm grateful for him, as well as each one of you.  I'm grateful for all your prayers in behalf of me and all the missionaries around the world. I love and miss you all! 
Elder Smith