Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's Shark Week . . . and Transfers are Coming!


Check out my wheels!

Dear Everybody,
How are you all doing?  It was great hearing from you all.  I just love knowing you all are still doing well and that you are loving life, for the most part.  Well some advice for you all, "Treat every week like it's Shark Week!" This month our mission has a goal to have 100,000 other lessons on the road (doctrine taught with an invitation to meet), I don't know if I told you this or not, but anyway, in order to carry our load and do our part, I pumped up my companion and I by naming this week "Shark Week."  For all those who have watched Shark Week on the discovery channel know exactly what I mean.  Well, "Shark Week" went along pretty well, some days a lot better than others, but lets get right on into it.  It'll be just a brief summary of each day just because we are on rushed time.
Monday, we visited a less active, Brother Hong, and shared a lot about opposition with him.  He is super busy with work and stuff, has questions, and ended up talking about opposition.  Went great and we're hoping we can start working with his nonmember mom and dad.
Tuesday, Patriot's Day, we had an ok DTM on how we can use Family History in our work.  I figured since we just barely got some Family History people here in GaoXiong and because the Taiwanese respect their ancestors that we could use that resource for our good.  Went out and sat with Jerry and found out he has been drinking a lot more than usual.  We shared with him Alma 36 and the story of Alma the Younger's conversion story.  It doesn't matter who we are or what we do, the Atonement of Jesus Christ can cleanse us from the mistakes we make each and every day.  He really has that desire to quit and it will come from reading, praying, and coming to church.  We then sat down with another investigator, Brother Hong, and reviewed the Plan of Salvation and then talked on what we can do in this life to be cleansed to return to live back with God.  It is only through Christ's Atonement that we can do so.  As we have faith in Christ and His Atonement, repent and change ourselves to live in accordance to His teachings, are baptized by water and fire, and endure to the end, we can be forgiven.  We were only able to share about faith and repentance with him this past week, and so we'll finish it up this week.
Wednesday was a rough day, especially for my companion.  It found us in our secondary area where we found not a whole lot of success.  It was rough mainly because my companion crashed into a parked car (don't worry he is ok. we laughed it off together), and then decided to bike over the mountain instead of around it.  Great day, great day!
Thursday was Zone Scramble which meant that Elder Barson came and spent the day with me in XiaoGang.  This day was dedicated to just talking to people and nothing else.  It was a great day and we talked to tons of people and saw some success from it. 
Friday, a random rain storm caught us by surprise which left no one out on the streets.  Along with that, lessons began to cancel and so it went a little slower than planned, but it was still great!
Sunday was probably the greatest of all the days.  Other than attending church and just having my mind at ease, we had an investigator attend church with us, which hasn't happened for a long time.  It has been one thing we have struggled with and this guy is great.  His name is Fu Guan Hua, 21 years old, and going to school here.  He enjoyed church and afterwards we sat down with him and shared the First Vision.  He accepted to be baptized and so we're gonna be working with him to hit his date.  
This was another quick letter for you all, but I hope you still enjoy it.  This week is the last week of the transfer/move call and it is very likely that my companion will be moving, which means I will be staying which I am totally fine with.  This area is great, and it doesn't matter where I am at, the work of the Lord is still the same.  To help others come unto Christ through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.  I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the ability it has to change lives.  I love this work, Taiwan, and I love you all!
With all my love,
司馬長老