Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Labor Day

President and Sister Bishop and the missionaries I currently serve with.
Dear family and friends, 
Hey how's it going everyone? How you all doing since school has started and all? Where does this lovely Labor Day find you all? BBQing? Sleeping in? Studying? As for me, it has found me on a preparation day getting ready to go to the Dream Mall. Well, this week went by in the blink of an eye. However, it went really well. Today's letter will be a bit shorter because we are rushed on time, but I want to share with you the highlight of the week. The highlight for the week was our visit with Brother Hong Zhi Zhong. Wow, let me just say he is doing really great. This week we taught him the Plan of Salvation and had a member, Brother Zhou, help us out. Well, this lesson was the scariest, but most amazing lesson in the world. We began teaching him and all was going well until our member and this man started talking in Taiwanese. Since my time here in Taiwan I have picked up on a bit of Taiwanese so I could understand bits and pieces, the main idea, but a lot would just go over my head. Well, throughout the lesson Brother Hong would ask questions, one in particular, "Why do we want to return back to live with God?" Well, our member took over this question and I just got scared out of my head. Without going into too much detail I thought our member was teaching false doctrine. They would be going in and out Taiwanese and the parts I understand I thought to myself, "Nope, we shouldn't be sharing that." My companion and I brought the lesson back by baring pure testimony of simple truth. (Afterwards, found out he wasn't teaching false doctrine, it was just that they way he was going in and out of Taiwanese it would have seemed like it to us, but in the end he made it super clear and understandable for Brother Hong). That is why I was scared. The reason why it was the most amazing was because the Spirit was strong as we testified that families are forever. The Spirit bore strong testimony to me as I testified that this is God's plan for our happiness. I know without a doubt that this gospel plan is true and that Christ and His Atonement are the center of this plan. I know that families are forever and I'm glad it is possible because of this plan. I also want to testify that the Book of Mormon is true. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, and that he restored the knowledge of the gospel plan. Daily reading of the scriptures has truly blessed my as an individual in my daily life. I know that daily scripture reading is super super important and so I want to give you all an invitation, and that is to read the Book of Mormon daily. You willing to do this? Especially for my family (those living at home), the invitation is to read together daily as a family. You willing to do this? One goal that would be awesome to set would be to finish it as a family before June 4, 2012 (just an idea). Well I love you all, and hope you all can see and feel the blessings that will come from reading the Book of Mormon daily. Well, that's about it, sorry its so rushed. 
 Love you all! Love the One and Only, 司馬長老