Monday, April 1, 2013

Surprise!

Saying Good-bye to Puli

Hey everybody!  Hey's it going?  Things are doing just great here in Taiwan.  So, a bit of a surprise.  Last Wednesday, things shook us all up, we had a pretty good earthquake here and it was fairly large in the area of Nantou, which is where i was at.  Our walls cracked pretty good so we had to run on out of there.  So yeah, I'm all good.  Also, I was unexpectedly moved from Puli back into the city of Taichung for my final movecall.  Not what I was expecting, but I've gone where the Lord needs me.  Well, don't have too much time today, so I'll share what I can.  Alright, here we go.
Monday night we held Family Home Evening with the Xu family, well at least the dad and his youngest son.  We made cookies (thanks mom again for the package) and we watched a film about the Plan of Salvation as we did so.  All went really well, the cookies tasted amazing, and we all were able to strengthen one another.  The gospel is making more and more sense to Brother Xu, and he's picking up more and more which is super awesome to see.  I'm just looking forward to the day when his son can join them on the path back to our loving Father in Heaven.  
Well, sorry it isn't much today!  Although not much was written in this week's letter, there were quite a few miracles that we saw and experienced this past week.  We had a wonderful day at church, learning more about our Savior Jesus Christ.  I was greatful for all those who gave talks and bore their testimonies on the Savior, His Atonement, and Resurrection.  My testimony was strengthened and I know that Christ truly is our Advocate before the Father.  I know that he paid the price for each of the mistakes we all make, and that through the His Atonement we can all receive forgiveness.  Through faith, repentence, and renewing our covenants we can all return to live with our Father in Heaven.  I'm so grateful that the fulness of the gospel is on the earth today.  I know God has restored it so that we don't have to live in darkness, but can walk in light and happiness.  I hope you all can experience that light and happiness the gospel brings.  Til next week.